Skip to main content

Interview Tips: Why you should be hired

  

Warm Greetings!


Interview Preparation:

Why you should be hired / What makes you fit for the company or the role

📂 Content:
    3.1. Example 1
    3.2. Example 2
    3.3. Example 3
    3.4. Example 4
    3.5. Example 5

Why does the interviewer ask this question?

It's an important interview question to comprehend how the candidate plans to use skills to the company's benefit and if the candidate is willing to convince the eagerness to work for the organization. Interviewers invest their time, energy, and effort in picking the right candidates for their company, so they would like to consider candidates having a good future plan or career goal that can help their company's productivity. Interviewers can phrase the question in several different ways. The following are some tips and sample answers to the question.

Tips:

  • Mention skills & experience relevant to deliver standard results
  • Convey your dedication and eagerness to work for the organization
  • Show how the offer is important for you personally to convince your obvious efforts for the same
  • Express how your career goal is aligned with the goal of the organization
  • Be honest with your responses

Sample Answers:

Example 1:

The values of your organization have inspired my eagerness to give my best efforts for the opportunity for my professional and personal growth. I am confident in my leadership skills and diligence which helped me manage various responsibilities in earlier experiences. I am a fast learner and self-motivated while constantly trying to improve my productivity and efficiency. I know your organization's mission and vision and would like to align my career goal and growth with those of being determined, resourceful, and analytical.

Example 2:

I look forward to this opportunity to use my skills and experience to make myself an asset to this organization, which will eventually help my professional goals. The values your organization has, made me believe my skills and potential can be best explored by working for your organization's goals. I have developed my leadership skills, team management, and other employability skills through various responsibilities I have taken earlier. Through my integrity and smart work, I am looking forward to proving myself the most reliable and goal-oriented employee.

Example 3:

To begin with, I have all the skills and experience required in the job description, and I'm willing to prove my skills to make an immediate impact in this role. I have led a successful team with efficient results in all projects and targets I handled. Also, my passion for the industry drives me to focus on my goal to bring remarkable success. If I am chosen for this role, I can assure to continue to deliver high-quality work with my expertise, creativity, and leadership.

Example 4:

As a recent college graduate, I am excited to start my career with a brand like yours to assess and learn all the necessary skills that will help me to be a productive and efficient employee. Also, I tried to utilize my academic years in the best possible ways to gain different skills. For example, I have experience in internships in two different organizations where I managed to successfully work on a few projects. I learned how to multitask and smartly plan and prioritize targets to get maximum results. I believe I have the ability to effectively deal with targets and work with the self-discipline required in a fast-paced organization like yours.

Example 5:

I understand you're looking for a sales executive who can effectively lead a sales team of almost a dozen employees and manage to achieve targets in a timely manner. In almost 10 years of experience as a sales manager, I've demonstrated my ability to lead a team with strong motivational and analytical skills. I was awarded multiple times for my innovative strategies to meet and surpass quarterly deadlines and targets. If given a chance, I will definitely bring my expertise in your company while working with my leadership abilities and strategies to achieve the company's goals with maximum productivity.

What should be avoided in the answer?


The following must not be included in the answer:
  • I am the best person for the job
  • You can not find someone like me.
  • I really need a job.
  • My parents/friends want me to work here.
  • I need to earn money because of my poor financial condition.
I suggest you not copy and paste answer examples from this blog or any other sites to avoid sounding phony. Instead, you should take ideas from the examples and create your responses, adding your own honest professional and personal goals to sound genuine, which will be more fruitful.

Exercise:

I encourage the career aspirant readers to share their responses to the mentioned question in the comment and I will assist you with my expertise by sharing feedback for your answer. Also will reply if any improvement is required to the posted answers. It will help other job seekers get various ideas and articulate their responses.

Related:

Check Cover Letter: Tips & Templates, Resume: Tips & Templates, CV: Tips & Templates to write a job-winning cover letter, resume, or cv, and Interview Tips & Preparation to ace interviews like a pro.

Comments