Skip to main content

Interview Tips: Self Introduction

  

Warm Greetings!



Interview Preparation:

Tell me something about yourself / Self-Introduction

First Impression Is The Last Impression!

It's the most important part of an interview as it's going to be the first impression of communication skills along with other important employability skills. The introduction must include all relevant information and must exclude all irrelevant or unnecessary details. The introduction must sound authentic, not the summary of your resume/cv. Also, it should be of the appropriate length, neither too long nor too short.
đŸ“‚Content:
    3.1. Example 1
    3.2. Example 2
    3.3. Example 3
    3.4. Example 4
    3.5. Example 5

Here are relevant points that must be included in an interview introduction:

  • Always start with a proper greeting based on the time of the day (Good morning/ Good afternoon/ Good evening)
  • Your full name
  • Your city/village along with the state
  • Your highest qualification
  • Your hobbies/ interests
  • Your key skills
  • Work experience, if any (job role, company, responsibilities, best learning from the experience)
  • Your best achievement
  • Your career objective

Sample Answers

Example 1 | Introduction of a B.SC Candidate:

My name is Piya Das. I am from Kolkata, the city of joy. I completed my B.sc in Physics from Calcutta university in the year 2022. I am passionate about cricket and football and enjoy good detective novels in my free time. Also, I participated in various dance competitions, achieving several prizes and certificates. My family & friends always praise me for my sense of responsibility and kind nature. I participated in various activities in my school and college, showing my collaborative skill & creativity. While preparing for my career, I completed employability skills development training from a reputed institution. I would like to utilize my academic knowledge and key skills to build my career successfully with a renowned organization, so currently I am searching for an opportunity for the same. 

Example 2 | Introduction of a B.A. Candidate:

I am Hemant Gupta from the largest city in India, Mumbai. Pursuing my curiosity about the world's achievements, I am studying for a B. A with History honors from Mumbai university and will graduate next year. I love to explore different places and interact with people to learn about their culture, history & lifestyle. Also, I write about my experiences in my blog to store and share memories and knowledge. I believe I have leadership skills, responsibility, team management skills, and learning agility, which I try to utilize every day; one such example is while working as a private tutor. I want to start my career soon to take financial responsibilities for my family and myself, so I am searching for a good opportunity in a reputed organization where I can venture into success by growing professionally and personally.

Example 3 | Introduction of a Engineering Candidate:

My name is Aditya Roy and I hail from Kolkata. I completed an Engineering degree from ABC Institution in 2022 as I have always been passionate about different technologies. I worked on a few projects also in my academic years that brought positive appreciation from my peers and professor. Also, I wish to use my knowledge to make real differences in the world by working on cutting-edge technology. Mostly, I love to indulge myself with the latest technological information and online courses to improve my skills. Apart from this, I am also passionate about cricket. I am looking for an opportunity that will give me ample chances to learn and grow personally and professionally while making a positive contribution to the field of engineering.

Example 4 | Introduction of a MBA Candidate:

I am Raj Sharma, a very enthusiastic and self-motivated individual from Hyderabad. I completed my MBA from ABC University in 2022 and my BBA from the same university in 2020. In my academic years, I have acquired a good knowledge of marketing, sales, human resources, and management. I worked on a few projects as well for my university that helped me to demonstrate my effective management skills, creativity, and learning agility. I am also passionate about volleyball, short story writing, and reciting. I enjoy traveling to different places as well. I would like to build my career with a reputed brand like yours to prove my resourcefulness to achieve professional goals. I believe I can bring fresh ideas into your business through my adeptness at researching, analyzing, and solving complex problems, providing maximum effectiveness.

Example 5 | Introduction of a Computer Science Candidate:

My name is Shilpa Kar, and I am a final year student at XYZ University pursuing a Bachelor's in Computer Science as technology and programming have always interested me. I have also got practical experience through internships at companies such as ABC and DEF for 6 months and 1 year respectively. These experiences helped me develop leadership, creativity, problem-solving, and teamwork skills. Mostly, I enjoy updating myself with the latest technological advancements and also love to watch movies and read detective novels. I am looking forward to working with your company, which has gained a reputation worldwide because of some impressive innovation. I am also highly inspired by the mission and vision of your company and, given a chance, I want to contribute efficiently to achieving these goals through my creativity, productivity, and learning agility.

Exercise:

I encourage the career aspirant readers to share their response to the most important interview question, "Tell me something about yourself/ Introduce yourself" in the comment and I will assist you with my expertise sharing feedback for your answer, and also will reply if any improvement is required for the posted answers. It will help other job seekers to get various ideas as well as to articulate their responses.

Related:

Check Cover Letter: Tips & Templates, Resume: Tips & Templates, CV: Tips & Templates to write a job-winning cover letter, resume, or cv, and Interview Tips & Preparation to ace interviews like a pro.

In the comment section, you are welcome to share suggestions that you may have for me to discuss or share.

Comments